The Texas Senior Games is committed to keeping our athletes, spectators, volunteers and staff healthy. It is at the forefront of everything we do and below are the steps that we all need to take to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Self-Screen at Home: For the Safety of our athletes, staff and volunteers, we are counting on the athletes to self-screen become coming to the Pickleball tournament. If you are not feeling well, are experiencing symptoms of COVID_19, or have been exposed to someone with those symptom, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Screening at Senior Games Facilities: Temperatures screenings will be required at each event and those with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed in. The Athletes will be given a band to wear to show they have successfully checked in. Please do not arrive earlier than 20 minutes before your scheduled event.
- Masks: Participants and spectators are required to wear a mask. Participants may remove their mask during competition.
- Sanitizing: All athletes and spectators need to wash hands with soap or use alcohol - based hand sanitizer frequently. We ask all participants to wash their hand or use sanitizer before and after participation. Hand sanitizer will be located at each event. Senior Games staff will disinfect frequently touched objects, surfaces and shared equipment.
- Spectators: Spectators will only be allowed to watch from outside the fenced area. It is recommended that spectators and athletes bring your own chair. If using bleachers, you are encouraged to clean the area before sitting.
- Social Distancing: Avoid close contact and distance yourself 6 feet from other people. Do not congregate or have “social gatherings” at event locations. Once you are done with your competition, please leave the facility in a timely manner.
- Awards: Staff/volunteers will hand medals to athletes and will be wearing face masks. Award “ceremonies” may not take place to avoid large crowds and group photos will not be taken.
Hydration/Nutrition: Athletes are responsible for their own hydration and nutrition.